Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

1947: Variety is the Spice of Life

I was truly impressed by the number of clubs which were on the Hamilton Campus back in the 1940's and 50's. You will be seeing more of them in future posts. Some very intriguing clubs will be posted, including the Radio Club, The Ettiquette Club, Chess and Checkers, Photography, and many more. Please forgive me for embellishing the graphic with a few little vignette photos and that ad for "Toone Towne." Remember Toone Towne? We all went there for a sandwich, a coke or a milk shake. Every time I watched "Happy Days" on TV, I thought of Toone Towne.....but then again, in every one of the 50 or more times I watch "Grease," I thought of my high school sweetheart, Judy Britton who was the epitome of "Sandy!"

No comments: